Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Black Cab Sessions. Chapter Twenty-Eight: Benjamin Zephaniah


Benjamin Zephaniah has apparently been listening to the wrong radio station. I've tuned into that same station and I will tell you it is a terrible station that unfortunately has a lot of dedicated listeners. If you like this stream of consciousness there are more clips of him on youtube, an interview at democracynow.org, and a few albums he has released over the years you should check out. Benjamin Zephaniah describes himself as a poet, reggae artist, activist and revolutionary. I discovered him by digging in dusty crates and finding his first album called "Rasta" from 1983 at a thrift store a few years ago. I was impressed to say the least. I couldn't find much info on him at that time but now it seems plenty has surfaced online. This guy is all about the best kind of change, I will now tip my hat to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment