Tuesday, February 1, 2011

David Byrne: How architecture helped music evolve | Video on TED.com


This is a pretty cool speech by David Byrne on the relationship between architecture and music. He'll learn you a thing or two if you pay attention. Whenever I hear a DJ playing techno in a small bar with no dance floor or say, easy listening music in an auditorium, I want to throw this video (a VHS tape would be ideal) at everyone I see in these settings. I have noticed I always enjoy live music/deejaying the most when the room "flatters" the music as David Byrne says. The problem is that it rarely does.

If you are interested in more information about architecture I recommend this blog BLDGBLOG. It focuses mainly on modern architecture (both physical and conceptual) and interesting related issues of our time. Sometimes there is information on architectures relationship to music posted as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment