Thursday, February 17, 2011

Roots Manuva - Witness (1 Hope)


I lived in London when Roots Manuva's first album dropped and I almost fell of my chair in the pub when I heard this track. My neck was overtaken by the beat to the point I could not drink my lager until the track had ended. This beat (and Roots Manuva) was and is so ahead of its time. The Witness Dub version is almost as amazing as the original. I love his music but must also give him props also for clearly (personally & lyrically) standing against the injustice of the crushing poverty so many unnecessarily suffer from. He just released a new album called Roots Manuva Meets Wrongtom: Dubby Writer. I purchased it on vinyl recently and it sounds oh so good. I have to say that dub beats, more so than many other genres, always sounds so much better on vinyl than on any other medium. It is well worth the purchase price... and I can even touch it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment