Friday, February 4, 2011

Stroszek - Dancing Chicken


This clip utilizes Sonny Terry's Hootin' the Blues magnificently. The focus is the on the caged animals, the tricks for food, the crazy harp and the insanity of it all brought to you by humans. This is not a spoiler if you have not seen this movie but it is the end of the Stroszek, one of my favorite films. I tend to like odd films and this one is shot and takes place in my home state of Wisconsin. It is about 3 people who immigrate to Wisconsin from Berlin only to find that their dream of America isn't quite what they thought it would be. It is an enjoyable film (though I would say depressingly enjoyable) on the surface but the more I read about it (and the more I've watched it) the more depth I see in the film. It says a lot to say about the human condition, as all of Werner Herzog's films do. I personally don't think there is a better filmmaker than this man yet most people who claim to love movies (I don't) don't even know who he is which always baffles me. Here is the trailer: Stroszek Trailer and here is the wikipedia entry: Stroszek wiki

No comments:

Post a Comment